Applications are now live for Rise of the Rest's 2020 Virtual Road Trip, focused on Black entrepreneurs!
Create an account to get started. You will be able to save and come back to the application with your login. The application takes about 20 minutes to complete. A pitch deck is required to complete your application (suggested template here).
All innovative startups with at least one Black founder are encouraged to apply. Startups must be based in one of the states we have visited on our Road Trips since launching in 2014, up to and including the 2020 tour which was postponed. The eligible states are: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York (excluding NYC Metro Area), North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Companies will be judged on:
- Bold Idea — Does the idea "swing for the fences" and have the potential to disrupt a big industry or even change the world? What type of problem are you solving?
- Market – How big is the addressable market for your company? Are you disrupting an existing market and/or creating a new one?
- Team — Does the team have the skills, leadership, track record, and commitment to move forward on this idea?
- Execution — Are there strong early indicators of customer growth, revenue, or other measurable traction? Have you demonstrated product-market fit? What is the strategy for product development, marketing, sales, and growth?
- Business Model — Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic and sustainable?
Companies must submit a completed application no later than 11:59 PM EST Wednesday, September 30, 2020, to be considered. The finalists will be notified by Tuesday, October 8, 2020.
For more information about startup eligibility and the pitch competition, check out our FAQ.