Applications are now live for Rise of the Rest 8.0 Tour!
Create an account to get started. You will be able to save and come back to the application with your login.
All innovative startups are encouraged to apply. Applicants for our Orlando, Tampa Bay, Miami, and San Juan competitions are not limited to a single sector or industry. Past finalists have included (but not limited to) startups focused on: GovTech, FoodTech, SportsTech, AgTech, AI, IoT, Healthcare, UrbanTech and more.
Our pitch competition in Space Coast will be open to companies whose core focus relates to space, drone, or aviation technologies or adjacent focus areas that support them or take advantage of associated data. We are looking for companies from around the United States that are working on innovative ideas and business models that address critical problems relating to these industries, their partners and their customers.
Typically, your startup has to be based within a 100-mile radius of one of our tour stop cities. This year, we are making three exceptions:
- Orlando & Northern FL cities: For our pitch competition in Orlando (4/29), startups based in Gainesville, Tallahassee, and Jacksonville are also eligible to apply. If you live in one of these cities, please select ‘Orlando’ from the dropdown when selecting the city in which you are applying to pitch.
- San Juan & Puerto Rico: For our tour stop in San Juan (5/3), startups from anywhere in Puerto Rico are eligible to apply.
- Space Coast: For our Space Coast pitch competition (4/30), startups located anywhere in the United States and its territories are invited to apply provided the company has a core focus that relates to space, drone, or aviation technologies or adjacent focus areas that support them or take advantage of associated data (see more below). Startups based in Florida who fit this description are also eligible to apply for the Space Coast day.
Note: you may only apply to pitch in one city. Since Tampa Bay and Orlando are located inside 100 miles from one another, you may choose either city. There is no advantage to applying in one city versus another.
Companies will be judged on:
- Bold Idea — Does the idea "swing for the fences" and have the potential to disrupt a big industry, affect your community, or even change the world?
- Jobs — Will the idea, if it scales, employ a large number of people?
- Team — Does the team have the skills and leadership to move forward on this idea?
- Execution — Is there strong customer growth, revenue, or other measurable traction?
- Business Model — Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic and sustainable?
Companies must submit a completed application no later than 11:59 PM EST Monday, March 11, 2019, to be considered. The finalists will be notified by Monday, April 1, 2019.
For more information about startup eligibility and the pitch competition, check out our FAQ.